Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

Since yesterday was Wordless Wednesday today has to be Thoughtful Thursday, right? I have had lots of random thoughts going on in this brain of mine today but one of them has been about change. I hate change!

I could just tell you about all of the changes that have happened / will be happing / hope to have happen but that would totally bore you. Instead I decided to share with you a few quotes about change. Speaking of quotes I started a new blog dedicated solely to just quotes. Please check it out here - http://karensfavoritequotes.blogspot.com/

I believe that we have all heard the quote by François de la Rochefoucauld who said
“The only thing constant in life is change.” But there are several other quote that maybe you have not heard.

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”
Fredrick Douglass

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.”
Maya Angelou

“If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.”
Gail Sheehyc


And finally one of my favorites out of those that I read that is by C.S. Lewis who I absolutely love. I love this quote for many reasons but mostly because it shows that there is a choice. You can choose to be A or B. Where your life is at right now, it can change. I met many people as a missionary and so many of them did not think that change was A) Possible and B) Worth it. Change is possible and positive changes are always worth it! Now for the quote –

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.”
C.S. Lewis


Just one last quote (I told you I like quotes) from President Thomas S. Monson, the prophet. He said this at last general conference.
“I begin by mentioning one of the most inevitable aspects of our lives here upon the earth, and that is change. At one time or another we’ve all heard some form of the familiar adage: “Nothing is as constant as change.” Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome, some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly.”

I love how President Monson says that most changes take place slowly, hmmm, interesting. I think back and I would have to say that I agree. I think that this is true of my life and the changes that have happened to make me into the person that I am. I am thankful for those changes and look forward to more positive changes. It is OK with me if the not-so-positive changes stay away, just kidding (kinda)

1 comment:

  1. "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction."

    - Winston Churchill

    ReplyDelete