Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shoe Drama

I have been wanting to get some brown work shoes for quite a while. Can I tell you about my shoe drama? Oh thanks! I HATE shopping for shoes. I wear a size 12 Wide sheos. Let me tell you that I love shoes, but because I have big feet I do not enjoy shopping for shoes. If you do not have Wide feet I doubt that you understand the frustration that comes with having wide feet. It is so much harder to find shoes. There are many shoe stores that do not have any wide shoes with is a huge bummer. Another frustration with shoe shopping is that I am 5'11". I do not need 2 inch heels - they hurt. I usually try to wear flats because they are more comfortable and if I wear heels people ask me "are you trying to make yourself taller?" I HATE IT! I usually respond with something like "No, just trying to find shoes that fit my big fat feet!"

I see cute shoes in the store
that look like this in size 7 8 9 10 11 but when you get to size 12 the shoes are huge!

[ Sorry I did not take time to crop the picture! I was lazy. ]

I usually shop for shoes at Payless but lately I had not been having luck. I looked online and saw cute things like this:



Each of these shoes is about $26.00, which is a great price for shoes. I like shopping online with Payless because they ship them to the store for free, and you can return anything that once you try on and you do not like. The only problem with this is the waiting.

So here is my story - I tried to order these three pair of shoes in my size to have them shipped to my local friendly Payless Shoe Source Store. I got an e-mail the next day saying that my order had an error and I would have to replace the order. I was so mad!

When I placed the order I threw away my old brown shoes, which were cute in their day but had been way overworn and smelt... badly. So during this time I was wearing brown skirts and black shoes - a big no no, right? Don't even try to tell me that it is okay to wear brown and black together.

Anyways -the story continues - I went to Provo last weekend to meet up with my Mon and we went shoe shopping for her. She needed some cute little size 10 shoes to wear to school. We went to the mall and had no luck so we arrived at the Sister Missionary Mall in search of shoes. We walked in the door and there was a shoe display of Propet shoes that were on Sale for $20 My Mon started looking through the shoes and found a few pairs (3) that worked for what she was wanting. My sister Melissa was also with us and she looked for shoes in her little size 9 - and there were no size 9 that worked. HAHA! {Love you sister but I thought that was funny.} Here is the good part - keep reading - On this table display there was one pair of size 12 shoes and they were brown! I tried them on, they fit, we fell in love and now I have a pair of brown work shoes. I WAS SO HAPPY!

I am glad that my order did not go trough with Payless becuase now I have a pair of brown, beautiful shoes for only $20 - well Mon bought them for me so they were free but I will pay her back. :)

If the shoe fits, it must be a size 12 wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment