Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I love the Zoo!

My mon being the excellent mon that she is bought a seasons pass "Grandma Pass" to the zoo this year. I had not been during the summer so we decided to go on Labor Day weekend. My brother Sterling and his family met my mom and dad at the Utah Hogle Zoo. My nephews Miles, Parker, and Jonah came along for the fun.



Sorry that my pictures are out of order - I wish blogging were more like Microsoft Word... oh well. We went on the train at the end of our trip. It was super fun, and super fast. We did see a few cool animals though.






Miles and Parker had to have their picture taken by the Gorilla.

Miles getting an Icee - that cost $5.00 and was gone in minutes... what a rip off, but we were so thirtsy becuase it was SO hot. The bad thing was that a refill was $2.50. Should have bought just one and drank it, refilled it, and so on. :)


The darn gorilla kept hiding from us. Other people would say oh he is back and then he would run away. I wonder what those animals think sometimes. :)

I am happy to report that my hand is not bigger than a gorillas. haha


Parker is the size of the Juvenile Gorilla. Miles is the size of an adult female gorilla. Karen is the size of the adult male gorilla. I had to get my picture taken by this becuase I do it every year. Don't make fun of how stupid I look.

THE CAROUSEL was one of my favorite parts of the zoo. We were the second group waiting in line and I was talking about how I wanted to get the elephant. My mom heard these teenage girls behind us saying that they were going to run as fast as they could to get the elephant. Well I was in front of them and ... needless to say I got to the elephant first {without even pushing anybody over like Sterling told me not to do} and enjoyed the ride. I love carousels! I collected them. I love them.
Now back to our zoo day {sorry that everything is out of order GRRRH!}

Here are some of the fun funky animals at the zoo - Tina the Turtle (who was very large and cute) Sammy the Snow Leopard (who was also hiding, it was a hot day I do not blame him to want to be in the shade) Molly the Monkey (Kinda looks like she is sticking her tounge out at you!) And of course Casey the Camel (Who looks so very uncomfortable, but such is the life of a camel) What do you think is the weirdest looking animal? I think that camels are very weird/different/kinda cute in a weird way animal.

Jonah decided not to smile but he really was happy Did I tell you it was hot? It was. Nice picture huh. haha




Giraffes!

Here is a cute little baby giraffe. Babies are so cute, even at the zoo. Abby loved the giraffes. She kept turning around to look at them. We watched the zookeeper feed the giraffes some food. WARNING: THE GIRAFFE HOUSE STINKS! They are cute {kinda weird looking} but man does their house stink! ;)




Zebras
another animal that all we saw was their bums. Here is my Mon with my nephews. oh the kid to the left is not my nephew, sorry.



here is a picture fo Abby and the cute little monkey. SO cute! Abby is such a cute girl!

What would a trip to the zoo be without a picture of the kiddos with the Lion drinking fountain. {I never realized as kid that there are two of these, I think I saw two Anywho}

Miles {silly smile} and the turkey. I hope you are on my plate at Thanksgiving Mr. Turkey.

Now... I must write the sad story of the elephant at the zoo. Can I first tell you a few things.

1. I LOVE ELPHANTS!
2. I went to the zoo mainly to see the baby elephant that was born a few weeks ago.
3. My idea of a perfect zoo is a place with tosn of elephants! I would be perfectly happy with seeing elephants, and only elephants. I had planned on spending hours looking at and talking to the wonderful animal.
4. I LOVE ELPHANTS

Well I totally thought that the baby {no name yet but you can vote on it until Sunday} would be out for me to see but I was very saddened when I found out that both baby and mom were still not out. :( Of course they have to make their debute but I wanted it to be when I was there SO SAD! Anyways, we got to see one elephant. She is super cute and we did get to see her but she had her bum facing us, which is cute but I wanted to see her face too. I am sure she was just as sad as me :( funny.



The group picture! Yeah Marx Family!


Hope that you enjoyed a relaxing Labor Day.

2 comments:

  1. Cute post about the zoo. I am sorry about the elephants. That is crappy especially when that is what you wanted to see the most. I am a giraffe person myself but the elephants are number two on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Zoo my family however does not so it is hard to get them to go! Doug only wants to go on a free day! LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE! And Sierra always complains about all the walking and it is hot! ( I should just go myself, except then there is not anyone to tell all the new things about the zoo to ~dilemma~)
    Thanks for sharing Your Zoo pictures!!
    The way I order pictures is copy and paste the url into the place I want. Sometimes it takes a few times to get it right but it works...
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete