Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11 - 9 years later

Do you remember what happened 9 years ago today? If not you were probably not alive. I have not blogged FOREVER but decided I wanted to share some of my favorite songs about 9/11.

Beacause it has been so long since I blogged I forgot how to embed videos so I will just link to them, you can watch them in YouTube.




Heaven
Courtesy of the Red White and Blue (Angry American)
Have you Forgotten?
Where were you When the World stopped turning



Yes they are all country songs, I love country, and country singers tend to sing more songs about USA, and I like the USA.



I WILL NEVER FORGET where I was when the world stopped turning - I was in a filing class at the UBATC in Roosevlet I was a Senior in High School . I remember walking in and everyone was watching TV and talking about this, I had not watched TV that morning, rarely did in the morning before school. They told me what happened and I remember thinking, I am sure it will all be okay - I had never seen the twin towers or the pentagon, still have not, but I did not realize the effect that that day would have on the history of our country or begin the War on Terrorism that is still being fought be soldiers, families to this day - 9 years later.

I am so grateful for the wonderful country that I live in! I am thankful that there are men and women who put their lives on the line to fight for the freedoms that I enjoy. I know that FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!

THANK YOU!



This is my favorite 9/11 picture!

2 comments:

  1. I heard about it on the radio driving to school, then went straight to the college to watch the news in the lobby.

    And I don't really care for any of those songs ... but that dang Toby Keith one gets stuck in my head every time I hear it! Then I walk around singing "Uncle Sam put your name on the top of his list, and the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist ..."

    Ground Zero is pretty cool. I've been there twice, once on an actual 9/11. They had an enormous flag covering the whole side of a nearby skyscraper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was I on 9/11? I was getting ready for work and Doug said a plane just hit into the Twin Towers and I came around the corner to watch it and the 2nd plane hit into the towers and I was shocked! I went to work and the TV at work was on all day and we watched and cried as we learned what had gone on that morning in Virginia and New York...
    then just 2 days later Taunya died of Leukemia... I can not believe it has been 9 yrs since she has been gone.

    ReplyDelete