Friday, June 19, 2009

My New Place - moving out west

For the past 2 years i have been living in a hotel. When I tell people i live in a hotel they give me a weird look, like can you not afford to live in a real house? It has been rather comical. The plaza hotel in Salt Lake City has four floors that are used asstudent housing for girls attending LDS Business College in downtown. It has been a great place to live. Most of the time I was living alone but I did have a few (3) roomates at random times.


Here are some of the positives and negatives with living at the Plaza

+ It is in downtown Salt Lake City, close to everything!

+ It is fairly inexpensive

-There are alot of young girls living there that drive me bonkers!

+ It is a nice well kept area

- I have to have clean checks

+ There is a TV room where I can go chill and watch TV

- It is really loud since there is construction going on in downtown and there is Trax outside the window.

+There is a trax stop in front of the hotel.

- There are usually girls in the TV room with their boyfriends making out.

+I can sneak into the pool and go swimming :o) - I don't like having to share my kitchen with tons of other people.

+ If I run out of TP I can steal some from the lobby bathroom.

+ I keep my room clean because I have clean checks

-I have a beautiful view of the city but cannot open the dang sliding glass door because they forbid it.

+ The building is secure and I feel safe there.

+ I can get ice whenever I want.

+ I have not had to share a room since December. I take up the whole room. =)


The time has come for me to move out of the Plaza.

In August when I finish school I have to move out of the Plaza. I have been looking for quite some
time for an apartment.


My requirements in a place were the following: (no paticular order)
*Cannot be too far away from my work (downtown SLC)

*I want to have my own room - preferably not in the living room
*Have a full kitchen

*It has to fit in my price r
ange
*It had to be in an area where I could see myself living and feel safe.


Not Requirements but huge bonuses would be:
*have fun things like pool.

So this is what I found.....
On August 11th I will be moving into an apartment. . It is located on 1800 West. It is definetly further than the one block I walked to work before but it is not too bad. The landlord owns several (hundreds) of apartments so it is a big area.

Here are some pictures of my house (This is decored by them, it is their room they show, my house will not be Western.) It is a one bedroom apartment. It has the loft layout meaning that the bedroom is upstairs.


The front room




The kitchen. It has room for 2 bar stools. Super plus is that it has a dish washer!



Bedroom that is up the stairs. Bathroom is downstairs by the kitchen.

So there are some perks in this new place


Tennis courts - If you know how to play you can come teach me.
Volley ball Pits - I love Volleyball come play with me!

Basketball - not so much!

Playground - my nieces and nephews might like this. :) Racquetball courts - I need to learn how to play this.

Big laundry facility - won't ever have to wait for a machine. They run by cards so no more getting quarters.

Nice outdoor pool
Nice little indoor hot tub

Club house area - has big TV and this is where I will have to go to get internet. They do not have wifi in the whole place :( But it is nice to have it here.


I am super excited for my new place. I am excited to be able to decorate it how I want and to actually have my furniture in it. I have already been making plans as to things that I want to do.


I decided that I am going to have to have a party to celebrate me getting my own apartment. So sometime in August we will party it up in my new pad.



















































































































































6 comments:

  1. So as I read your blog it totally reminded me of the kid book called ELOISE at the PlAZA..that was you...but not anymore. Your new place looks AWESOME!! Congrats and enjoy all the fun ammenities...I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for you blogging! it is a cute place and i really think you should go with the western theme. or you could go for vinyl and big clocks on your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you stay with the western decor, you could get stuff from Roosevelt like horsie stuff. Or Price, there is alot of western stuff there and you would feel right at home. Like your childhood ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could get a really good workout walking to work. Happy to still have a place to hang-out when in the BIG city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so fun!! YOUR VERY OWN PLACE! I love all the perks...ooh-la-la...hot tub!!!!AND cute kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So FuN that you have your oWn place! How about some pictures of your own decorated by you pad looks?
    I admire your independence! I was a nanny so I could be independent but not have to be alone.

    It's so COOL!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete